River Kings Earn IFL's Best Website and Social Media Award
GRAND ISLAND, NE - The Indoor Football League has announced its awards for the 2019 season, with the Cedar Rapids River Kings taking home Best Website and Social Media for the first time in franchise history. It's first league-wide award for the franchise since the 2016 season when it took home Best Media Relations.
"We have a great support staff with Nic Ryder along with Dakota Zientek who both played a big role in helping us this year," Paige Parker, Director of New Media said. "It’s an honor to get this award from the IFL."
Parker has led the effort, managing the teams Facebook and Instagram accounts, showcasing the teams efforts on and off the field, as well as overseeing all aspects of social media.
Zientek, a junior at the University of Iowa, has spearheaded Tweeting on game days, using the platform to interact with fans both at home and elsewhere.
"I couldn't be more proud of our efforts in getting quality content out to fans and media," Ryder, Sports Information Coordinator, added. "We've had a dedicated group of people willing to interact with people on our social networks every day, helping get the River Kings' name out not only in Cedar Rapids, but across the country.
"We'll continue that effort throughout the off season and into next year."
The complete list of league awards can be found below
- Franchise of the Year: Arizona Rattlers
- Executive of the Year: Jeff Lamberti, Iowa Barnstormers
- Best Fan Base: Arizona Rattlers
- Best Game Operations: Green Bay Blizzard
- Best Cheerleader/Dance Team: Arizona Rattlers
- Community Relations Award: Quad City Steamwheelers
- Hospitality Award: Sioux Falls Storm
- Best Website/Social Media: Cedar Rapids River Kings
- Best Mascot: Green Bay Blizzard
- Best Media Relations: Tucson Sugar Skulls
- Best Game Broadcast: Iowa Barnstormers